Whew! Jess is rounding the corner. As is true in this world of duality, the past few weeks have been a blend of positives and negatives.
On the positive side, a very generous & humble (so no names will not be mentioned) family member and his business partners offered to send Jessica on a trip anywhere in the world while she was off chemotherapy and feeling really good. She chose Paris, a long time dream! How exciting right?
Well, naturally they wanted her doctor's approval to travel. As it turns out, at the very same time her platelet level was high enough for another treatment with a new protocol (Folfiri). The Doctor said he would approve international travel provided she have a treatment before she went.
On the negative side, the treatment was horrific. It broke my heart to see her so sick and so depleted. That was a week ago and she is just now starting to come around. Yesterday she saw her Acupuncturist. He is wonderful and she always feels better after seeing him. Later that afternoon she saw her Homeopath who is also terrific and really helps her to work with her own healing energies.
Going forward, Regaining Strength, Shopping, Packing and Living Life to the Fullest in Paris!!!
Our heartfelt thanks to the very loving, generous and caring people that are making this dream come true. They are truly "Angels Among Us!"
Oh, Jessica, Paris is wonderful!!!!!! I was there in the Spring when Ashley studied abroad. I loved every minute of it and you will too. I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteWow Paris...a shared dream I never knew we had. If you get to venture out to Les Jardins de Giverny you absolutley must tell me what it feels like there. I have always wanted to see the place that inspired Monet's beautiful work. And of course sitting at a sidewalk table sipping wine or cafe au lait and eating the most amazing bread.
ReplyDeleteHave the most amazing time because you absolutely deserve it!
Love
Michele <3
some of it's magic, some of it's tragic
ReplyDeleteBut I had a good life all the way"
And she went to Paris lookin' for answers
To questions that bothered her so -Jimmy Buffett