Friday, July 9, 2010

Back from Paris



We are back from Paris and we had an amazing trip of a lifetime!!! I want to thank everyone for all of their well wishes and positive energy and prayers you sent me leading up to the trip. The couple of weeks leading into it were rough and not exactly what I had intended before heading out, but it's remarkable how the knowledge of knowing I'd be in Paris soon can rally one's energy come go-time! We got to see the sights of the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, etc but we also included some relaxing time of hanging out in parks picnicking and dining leisurely at cafe's and bistros. The hotel we stayed in was gorgeous and we could see up the road to the Seine (and Hemingway had even frequented it in his day!) It was an adventure to say the least and I am eternally grateful to my cousin Michael and his business partners for making it possible. They are reminders that angels truly do live among us. It was such a great experience to be able to go immerse myself in another culture for awhile and just *escape*. I didn't want it to end, but I am so thankful to have been given the opportunity for such a journey...and to be able to take it with Dave, who has been supportive of me beyond words and throughout EVERYTHING was indescribably wondrous. 
Another special thanks to my Mother...whom I never would have been able to go on this trip without. She packed and shopped and prepared everything for me when my energy tank was on empty. She is simply an amazing Mother and human being. And my step-dad, Art, who arranged limo service there and back was such great book-ends to a fabulous trip. I could go on and on thanking everyone so I will just say I am blessed to have all of you in my life.
All my love, all the time,
Jess

5 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU AND DAVE HAD A GREAT TIME. YOU DO HAVE A WONDERFUL MOM. ENJOY THE AFTERGLOW OF THE TRIP. LOVE AUNT PATTI

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you had such a wonderful experience with such a great guy. You look terrific and I'm sure it did you a world of good. I'm so thankful your Mom was able to come for a visit, I loved being able to spend some time with her, it was really nice. God Bless and lots of love Aunt Renie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had a wonderful trip. You look fab. I know it was an unforgettable time. We love and miss you !!!!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been an amazing week for all of us! It was so nice to be able to follow along with you a bit through your texts and calls to your mom. I could hear the excitement in your voice and it just warmed my heart. My goodness I am blessed with the best nieces and nephews, you are all so loving and giving! Having your mother for a few days was such a gift to all of us. As always she was a lot of laughs! You are rounding a new corner, Jess, don't look back.
    Love Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Jess it Laura I just read about your trip, Frank and I are sooo happy you had such an opportunity, you and Dave truly deserved this break,it sounds like you guys had the greatesttrip ever,I was thinking about you while you were gone.What a wonderful cousin you have that was just the best!!! And yes dave is a blessing, and your Mom , well there are no words,but boy oh boy do I know how to pick a best friend? lol Anyway just wanted to say We're so happy you enjoyed your trip and that we love you Laura&Frank

    ReplyDelete