Saturday, October 16, 2010

Heaven has a New Angel - Jess crossed over on 10/15 at 9:33pm

The dictionary version of victory:
Victory-[vik-tuh-ree, vik-tree] –noun, plural-ries.
1.a success or triumph over an enemy in battle or war.
2. an engagement ending in such triumph: American victories in the Pacific were won at great cost.
3. the ultimate and decisive superiority in any battle or contest: The new vaccine effected a victory over poliomyelitis.
4. a success or superior position achieved against any opponent, opposition, difficulty, etc.: a moral victory.

I believe, however, that true victory is not necessarily emerging triumphant over what we battle against, but rather in truly expressing what we stand for - LOVE. 

With this definition in mind, Jessica did achieve victory. She used her short but meaningful life to both learn and teach. Now I understand the saying, “Only the good die young.” On October 15th at 9:33pm, at the young age of 35, Jessica became one of God’s loving angels.

I have been so honored and privileged to watch her evolve.  She touched so many with her gentle, loving and kind ways.  Although she is no longer with us physically, she will always be with us in spirit, to guide us, to watch over us and to whisper lovingly to our intuitive side. 

I would like to thank everyone who touched her life, supported and encouraged her, and stood by her and loved her.  She was so deeply touched by the outpouring of love you all showed through your calls, cards, gifts, and messages.  Your love was the most meaningful part of her journey.

When I asked her what she would like her legacy to be she said “to feed the homeless” something she quietly did herself.  So, if you want to honor Jessica and help her to continue to be victorious, please help the less fortunate whenever and however you can.  When you see someone down and out, don’t judge them, instead be empathetic. Put yourself in their shoes, even for the briefest of moments, then quietly reach into your heart and your pocket and pay it forward.   It is one hand reaching out to pull up another that helps us all to ascend.  God Bless.

A Celebration of Life will be held
on Saturday October 23rd - from 11am - 2:30pm
at the Portsmouth Country Club  
80 Country Club Lane, Greenland NH
If you will be joining us in the Celebration of Jessica's Life
Please call or text Maria at 603-828-1315
so we can plan appropriately

Condolences can be sent to:
Diane Teska
11 Durell Drive
Newmarket NH 03857
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to either:

Loaves and Fishes
or call 704-523-4333

Carolina Raptor Center
or call Heather Bofill 704-875-6521 ext 204 

22 comments:

  1. Diane,

    I am so sorry for your loss. You raised an amazing woman who will be greatly missed. Burrito Project is having our 4th birthday run next Sunday and I am sure Jess will be there with us then and every run. And although we are anonymous, this run will be dedicated to her as I know it was dear to her. I wonder if she had something to do with the amazing offer we got to use the kitchen in a new restaurant opening in December, which will make it easier to welcome new members in? Sure sounds like something she would influence.

    Thank you so much for writing this blog and if you ever need anyhting...anything at all, please let me know.
    Michele Ruge
    Charlotte, NC
    Stargazer97@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Diane,
    Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are in my thoughts and prayer. Stay stong and continue to share those loving memories of your beautiful Angel. I love you.....Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,
    You know she's smiling that amazing smile!!! I hope that thought will get you through some of the rough days ahead. This is truly Jess's victory! May God comfort and wrap his arms around your family .
    Peace and sincerest regards,
    Donna Stowe

    bbk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane,
    Yes this is truly Jess's Victory and she would definatly want us to celebrate her victory with her. She is smiling down at you and all of us. God is with with her now and she's rite beside Him with her Wings. While were sad that she's gone from here were happy that she'll be with us in Spirit. You are an amazing mother with this unbelievable strength and attitude and we look forward every day to reading your blog about Jess and all of the memories you shared with us. I hope to always keep in touch with you. Thanks for the memories.
    Sincerest Regards,

    Joanie & Danny Mullis
    At&t charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a true example of a beautiful human being...caring, generous, thoughtful, smart and always fun to be around. I trust that she's smiling like she always was in the face of Jesus right now. Love ya, Jess. You will be missed. To Diane...you and your family are in my heart and prayers. God has your angel in his arms again.
    ~Brian Cureau

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane,
    Thank you so much for being such a wonderful mother to Jess. I consider it a privledge to have known and loved her for so very long. I know that she will be sending down her love and light to all of us whenever we need it. May God Bless your family.

    love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Jess's Mom, You are a remarkable mother and both you and Jess were blessed to have each other. When given difficult circumstances you both handle it with grace and strength. So at this difficult time my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. May you all find comfort and peace in the knowledge that Jess will forever remain in ours hearts. My deepest sympathy. Shirley Schoeny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane.. your loss is our loss too. But how blessed we have all been to know and love Jess and to be loved by her. We are all better people for having Jessica in our lives. Know that she is watching over you from above. She has no more tears. No more pain. Only perfect health. You will continue to be in our prayers. Jessica, you were loved and will be forever be a part of us.
    Alice Reon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane,

    May our God of comfort and tender mercies be with You and Your family at this very sad time.

    Jessica was such a positive influence on so many people, including myself. I will miss her immensely and remember her sweet, loving smile and gentle spirit.

    May prayers and thoughts are with you --

    Linda Newton (Newty)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane, as one mother to another my heart aches for you. I hope this will help a little.
    " I give you this one thought to keep -
    I am with you still - I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn rain,
    When you awaken in the morning's hush,
    I am the sweep uplifting rush,
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft starts that shine at night.
    Do not think of me as gone -
    I am with you still in each new dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Diane and Family, I am praying for you during this difficult time. Jessica meant so much to myself and her AT&T family. She was a leader, a positive role model, a true fighter. She was one of the sweetest and most thoughtful people I have ever met. I am so honored and proud to have known Jess and been a part of her life. Please know so many people are praying for you and your family. Jessica was so loved.
    Sincerely, Sharon Black

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am praying for all of you in this difficult time. Jessica was truly an amazing person with such a positive outlook on life. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to know her.

    With Sympathy,
    Gail Johnston

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diane and Family

    I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Your faith is an inspiration to all. I know that God has taken Jess on eagle's wings and she is now at peace.

    Thank you for sharing your spiritual journey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diane and Family,
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I remember Jess as a little girl... the last time I saw her. Ellen told me of her battle. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Kate ( Ellen's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diane and Family;
    Heaven does have a beautiful, new Angel--Jessica.....Diane, you were an inspiraton as a devoted, loving mother with enormous class and a positive attitude as you endured the unbearable pain of losing a child
    A kind and gentle soul that blessed this earth for only 35 years Jessica influenced and inspired and touched the hearts of many. Her smile, herspirit, her beautiful being will always be remembered.....
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Meg and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  16. To my dearest family, some things I'd like to say...
    but first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay.
    I'm writing this from heaven. Here I dwell with God above.
    Here, there's no more tears of sadness; here is just eternal love.

    Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight.
    Remember that I'm with you every morning, noon and night.
    That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through,
    God picked me up and hugged me and He said, "I welcome you."

    It's good to have you back again; you were missed while you were gone.
    As for your dearest family, they'll be here later on.
    I need you here badly; you're part of my plan.
    There's so much that we have to do, to help our mortal man.

    God gave me a list of things, that he wished for me to do.
    And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you.
    And when you lie in bed at night, the day's chores put to flight.
    God and I are closest to you....in the middle of the night.

    When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving years
    because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears.
    But do not be afraid to cry; it does relieve the pain.
    Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.

    I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned.
    But if I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand.
    But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is o'er.
    I'm closer to you now, than I ever was before.

    There are many rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb;
    but together we can do it by taking one day at a time.
    It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too...
    that as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.

    If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain,
    then you can say to God at night......"My day was not in vain."
    And now I am contented....that my life has been worthwhile,
    knowing as I passed along the way, I made somebody smile.

    So if you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low,
    just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go.
    When you're walking down the street, and you've got me on your mind;
    I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind.

    And when it's time for you to go.... from that body to be free,
    remember you're not going.....you're coming here to me.

    Ruth Ann Mahaffey (author)

    XOXOX Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry for your loss. I went to elementary school with Jessica and remember fondly playing with her in the neighborhood. I recall being so excited she came to a birthday sleepover of mine! She was a beautiful little girl and I can see she grew up to be a gorgeous woman. You are in my prayers.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Diane & Family,

    My thoughts & prayers have been with you through this challenging journey. I'm at a loss for words so I will leave you with this thought...

    "A life is never ended until all the lives it has touched have ended too." -Chinese Proverb

    It is clear that Jess has touched so many lives & her spirit & positive energy will carry on through others for a very long time.

    With Sympathy & Love
    Amy Pfister xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. My heart is broken for you and your family. I work with Jessica a short time in Charlotte but long enough to see she was a special lady. I hope it helps you to know people care. Try to remember that life here on earth is only a short time compared to forever. She has just moved to a better place.
    In my prayers
    Tenita Keaton

    ReplyDelete
  20. Charlotte will miss her dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sleep well my angel, I love you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I did not know Jess well, nor did I see her often but when I did she was always a bright part of the day. She unknowingly made me see things in a more positive light. She has truly touched many, and she will truly be missed.

    ReplyDelete