Monday, July 6, 2009

Round 2 over!

Round 2 is over and the score is now:

Jess 2
Cancer 0

As you would expect of Jess, she did well with her second treatment. She is such a trooper. They added an additional medicine this time and she tolerated it well. After about 30 hours of chemo she started fighting a fever and as with the first treatment she became VERY tired the day the pump came out (July 4th). That day was pretty much lost to sleep.

Luckily though, the Portsmouth NH fireworks, which were scheduled for July 3rd, were cancelled due to rain and the rain date was July 5th. By the evening of the 5th, she had bit more energy and was able to go... and she thoroughly enjoyed them. As you all know, nothing can keep her down!


5 comments:

  1. Way to go Jess! I am so happy you were able to see the fireworks! Take Care. We love you!

    Wendy, Ethan, and Guerin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jess, You don't remember me.. I remember you well, your beautiful smile, up-beat personality, boundless energy and enthusiasm. Use all those gifts now to fight the fight and slay that damned cancer. Your Mom and I have been friends for over a couple of decades now. We don't speak often, but when we do, we can easily pick up right where we left off regardless of time or space. Since she told me of this journey of yours, I have kept you in my daily prayers. I surround you with love, light and healing thoughts constantly. Stay positive, be gentle and kind to yourself and kick cancer square in the ass!
    In my thoughts and prayers,
    Paula Smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. That a girl Jess! Glad to hear your spirits are high and positive attitude is intact...I would expect nothing less! So happy you got to enjoy some sunshine and fireworks...I'm sure both had special meaning this year. Stay strong and let all of this love and support surround you and help carry you through. Luv ya!! xo

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late to follow. Thanks for the heads-up on this, Jess. Thank you, Diane, for commiting to this blog. We apprecaite you!

    Jess, I think about you somehow in some way every day. I was just telling the girls at my job about your awesome "runner's high mode" whilst dancing and how I yearn to get there with you again one day! :D
    (Charlotte goes completely smoke-free in 2010 - YES!)

    I'm so happy to see that you're remaining strong. Keep kicking that "C" booty and I'll see you in a few months!

    MUCH LOVE! ~squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze~

    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your doing so well through the
    chemo treatments. Keep up your calorie intake-
    carnation instant breakfast, ensure, and
    lots of whole grains, fruits, and veggies.
    Your in my thoughts and prayers, much love.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete