Thursday, July 16, 2009

Round 3 underway

It's 3pm and Jessica and I are still at the Chemo Center. We have been here since 8:30. In just a bit they will be done administering the the mix of medications and then hook her up to the pump with 5FU until Saturday. Right now, she is listening to a meditation on the iPod and has slipped off into sleep.

Her doctor is pleased with her progress. We told him that she gets fevers the second night of treatment and he seemed intrigued. He said that is not the norm, since her white blood count would still be good. He said that the chemo is killing the cancer which is releasing poisons into her body and likely causing the fever. Of course, we loved the words "the chemo is killing the cancer!" I think we will both take the fever as a good sign if it happens again tomorrow night!

REMINDER Signatures for LIVESTRONG - Please sign and forward!

Please help Jessica and I to support LIVESTRONG'S goal (Lance Armstrong) to reach 30,000 signatures by the end of Tour de France.

30,000 signatures = $30,000 for cancer research!

Please click on the link below to sign and forward this link to as many friends and family members as possible! Thank You!!


http://www.livestrongaction.org/dedication/diane-teska

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jessica and Diane, I am sorry for not being here for awhile I've been in NC and no reception. But even though I have not MY HEART has you are in my prayers more then daily and all the people in my life are praying also. I am very glad to hear you are getting acupuncture. It is a great relief and I know this personally. Jess, You have the best MOM and I know she is your best friend as she is mine. All you have to do is see that smile and life is better. I am glad to hear of your progress and I know in my heart it will continue. " Our life is not without design or purpose. It will give us exactly what we need, when we need it. " Stay strong in your mind and in your heart. I will see you some day soon. Know your in my heart always.. With my deepest love always Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jessi! Hang in there! You can do this! We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete