Thursday, September 24, 2009

Round 8 - Jess Kicking butt and taking names

Well today we got a mixture of news, some good, and some requiring "a tweak" in the treatment plan. We were able to get further information on Jessica's scans. The rectal tumor could not even be detected in the CAT scan!!! It went from 4.5 cm by 1.5 cm to not even being seen on a SCAN! The lungs decreased, as previously reported, by 30- 40%. The liver, however, has not responded as well yet and showed a slight increase. Dr. Poulin is increasing 2 components of her chemotherapy. He will do it in stages increasing one medication today and a another on her next treatment so that he can monitor her reactions.
BUT the disappearance of the rectal tumor is phenomenal news!
The cumulative treatments are starting to kick up the side effects a notch, but Jess is a very good patient and complains very little. They are giving her some additional nausea medications today and warned her about a possible increase in the neuropathy. Since treatment began, she cannot touch hot or cold items, or drink or eat hot or cold foods for 4-5 days. We have worked out a system so she can avoid both. All in all we are thrilled for the great news on the "disappearance" of the primary tumor! Thank you GOD!!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful news!!! Feel better!!! You're really doing great. I know you are working hard!! Love Aunt Renie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news!! The power of prayer never fails!!! Sending so many warm and loving thoughts to all of you!
    Love, Stacey and Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. The power and energy of prayer is amazing! We love you Jess...keep up the wonderful work you're doing. We're all with you and the bible says
    "where two or three gather in my name, there I am with them." I truly feel His presence in and around you.
    Love Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, wanted to tell you that this picture of you looks just like Eddie VanDenburg's daughter, Haley, but with dark hair. Sooo cute...so is she!

    Love Aunt Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Jess this will definitely be the hardest fight of your life- but you're kicking butt. Im so happy that your efforts are all paying off- you need to fight even harder now and I believe with my whole heart that you have the strongest will and positive energy of anyone I've ever known. Keep up your fight and we will all keep positive energy flowing in your direction- Much Love and Prayer for your healing- xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jess, you are doing fantastik girl & i know its not easy but i know you can do this. You are the strongest person I know and your my hero. This is great news. Please stay strong so you can kick the liver cancer out of you. I pray for you all the time & so does everyone else. we all love you and can't wait for you to come back to work so kick his crap & hurry back. Love you girl, Joanie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are doing ok with the added medication this round. Almost over now. Have a good rest when you get back home tomorrow. Love to Mom and Art, hope he is doing ok also. Love Aunt Renie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to hear the terrific news about the primary tumor. You kick ass and I know that liver cancer doesn't stand a chance. Everyday I continued to be amazed by your strength and beauty. You are truly an inspiration! We love you and of course we are always thinking of you.
    Keep Shining!
    xoxoxox Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Jessi! I am walking in the Susan Koman Race for the Cure tomorrow and I will think of you EVERY STEP THAT I TAKE! You are doing great, just keep it up! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you! and LOVE HEALS xoxoxo

    love and light,
    jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO happy to hear the great news. Sending lots of love and positive energy your way.

    Love Chris, Amy, Riley, and TJ
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete