Saturday, June 20, 2009

Round 1 over!

Round 1 is over. The visiting nurse just unhooked Jess from the chemo pump and the score is:
Jess 1
Cancer 0

She did very well! She is such a trooper. Stoic is the word I keep using. She never complains, always smiles and is a pleasure to have around. Her side effects have been minimal but today she is VERY TIRED. It takes a lot of energy to beat the "C" diagnosis

We have to watch her temperature and make sure she keeps drinking to stay hydrated. She had a 101 temperature last night and we were told 100.5 and over to call the doctor and/or go to the ER. After speaking with the Doctor, we decided to treat it at home and continue to monitor it. I will need to be the ogre that continually wakes her today to make her drink her water and ensure, but as you would expect of Jess, she is the "model patient"

Thanks Again to everyone for the continued prayers, cards, messages and gifts. She is overwhelmed by the show of affection and support! Thank You!

5 comments:

  1. Jess- you are in my prayers.
    Stay strong.
    With love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jess...I know you can do this. Stay strong & keep it up girl. Your constantly in my thoughts & prayers. I'm routing for YOU! Love you girl...Joanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wE ARE AT UNCLE TONYS SISTERS, JUST CHECKED IN TO SEE HOW YOU ARE, I'M SO GLAD THE FIRST ROUND IS OVER AND YOU CAME OUT ON TOP. ALL MY LOVE TO YOU AND MOM AND ART GET A LOT OF REST YOU HAVE A GREAT NURSE!!!!! LOVE AUNT RENIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica,
    We are so sorry to hear this news!
    We are glad round one of chemo is over for you!!
    We hope you get plenty of rest. You are in our families thoughts and prayers, Sandi and Nate
    ( Bea and Hank's daughter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Go Jess!! Stay strong and keep that positive spirit... I will continue to think of you and pray for you every day! :-)

    Lori

    ReplyDelete